To celebrate the 4th of July, we went over to the Mahkorn's for a BBQ & water fun. Bennett was very excited to see the big backyard to play in. He was having a great time, and then Spike found him. Bennett was interested in spike at first and thought he was just fine until the turtle started nipping at his toes. He didn't like that much so he got up and ran away. No sooner had he plopped down somewhere else in the yard than that silly turtle found him again. It followed him everywhere. He tried ignoring it and when that didn't work he tried pushing it away. But Spike was very persistent & wasn't going anywhere. Finally Bennett just got ticked. I thought it was pretty funny and had to get some, or a lot, of pictures but I did rescue him from that terrible turtle!
After lunch Auntie Brittany brought out the water balloons. The kids were so excited.
After it was time to dry off. Luckily Hani-girl shared her towel since we didn't think to bring any and auntie Brittany had some extra. These girls love being together! When we were saying goodbye Hani-girl said I had a choice, she was coming to Vegas with us or Jillian was staying in California with them. I think the choice was obvious except with Jillian gone I have to play with Carter more! So everyone went to their own homes with many tears shed by Jillian!
That night we lit fireworks in front of the Gardena house where Conan & Sierra, Christian & I, & Steve & Tracie have all lived. Steve & Tracie, the current residents, were not home but we didn't let that stop us. The older kids had a great time. Carter spent the entire time jumping up and down yelling dynamite. The three little ones were not thrilled about all the noise, as you can see by Emme in the bottom left picture. Bennett had one big crying fit at the first loud firework but was ok after that as long as he was snuggled up with his Mommy.
We had a great weekend and loved seeing everyone!







3 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun! Glad you guys could use the house! Ha! :)
Fun fun fun! Okay, I'm totally homesick now! haha Asher saw the picture of Dad with Carter and said, "No-MY papa (grandpa)" I'm sensing a little jealousy!! It was pretty funny.
Thanks for letting us use the house Tracie. Sorry Sierra. It is so cute that Asher loves his Grandpa so much!!
We missed you guys.
Post a Comment