CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Enjoying the snow


We spent the afternoon yesterday up at Mt. Charleston playing in the snow. The weather was good, the snow was fun and we all had a great time. Luckily we had just ordered some ski bib's for Jillian & Carter's upcoming ski day with Grandpa Parke so they were set. They stayed warm & dry & found that bib's make for great sleds. Carter slid all over in his and Jill did too though not on purpose as much. Christian wrapped trash bags around their shoes to keep the snow out which really helped. Carter spent about the last 20 minutes eating the large chunk of snow he found. He insisted it was very yummy & tasted like ice. Jillian tried one too but she wasn't as attached to it as Carter was. He hopes it will still be there for him to finish eating when he goes up again. Nate searched the Vegas Valley and found one innertube for us which was the hit of the day. Those of us that are pregnant stayed off but everyone else had fun sledding. We can't wait for our ski day with Grandpa in 2 weeks!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sara said...

Oh too much fun! You atayed safe though right, no fallen with that baby boy in there! haha

Jamie Parke said...

I was very careful, didn't try to stop anyone on the intertube, stayed way back & was very careful where I stepped:). I agree that a fall would be really bad for baby & me & I try to avoid it at all costs. Jillian ran into the back of me on her scooter twice on our last walk & I really laid into her because not only is it not fun but I don't want to fall!!!!

Sierra Parke said...

Yay! Snow is so much fun to play in. We have lots of photos of the boys playing in the snow from the blizzard we had last week. I'll have to post them too. Hope the kiddos have fun skiing next week. I can't wait to put Tennyson in lessons too.