We have been very busy this summer. Lot's of company & lots of fun! It all started with Sierra, Tennyson & Asher coming to stay with us for 2 weeks in June. We swam, played at water parks, made play dough & spent a lot of time playing in the backyard. There were many hugs & even more fights:). After the first week the novelty had worn off for the kids and they were fighting like siblings. Sierra & I didn't have any fights, just lots of fun. We watched lots of chick flicks & probably did some other stuff I can't remember right now.
Some notable events from their visit were Sierra's pink eye (luckily no one else got it), Bennett's bronchitis and breathing treatments and I was sick their last few days! We can't wait for them to move back to CA soon so we can have them up more often.
Oh, almost forgot, Mom & Dad Parke treated us to a buffet for my birthday dinner, that's right I turned 30. As you can see Tennyson loved his chocolate ice cream & chocolate cake!
Some notable events from their visit were Sierra's pink eye (luckily no one else got it), Bennett's bronchitis and breathing treatments and I was sick their last few days! We can't wait for them to move back to CA soon so we can have them up more often.
Oh, almost forgot, Mom & Dad Parke treated us to a buffet for my birthday dinner, that's right I turned 30. As you can see Tennyson loved his chocolate ice cream & chocolate cake!
3 days after they flew out Hannah & Bethan flew in from North Carolina. I picked them up at the airport & we went to Town Square for some shopping at H&M. After a 45 minute debate, we decided on In & out for dinner then the girls & I rented a movie.
The next afternoon, Brett & Gaby came into town with Adrianna, Sarah, Emmy & Elise. That bumped up the # of teenage girls in the house to 6. The kids swam, we had taco's for dinner then watched a movie. I took the girls on a candy run & Sarah came home with a container of frosting which she and her cousins ate with spoons. Gross!!!
The next morning they all drove up to Utah for the 4th and in the afternoon the Parke's Mckel & 2 friends came into town. The next morning (Saturday) Gavin, Cheryl & Quinn flew in. We went to a buffet for dinner and had a good time visiting. On Sunday I got called to be first counselor in the Primary Presidency, we had a BBQ & I picked Kaylee & 4 of her kids up from the airport.
On Monday morning the Parke's left with Aunt Kelsy & their 2 friends and in the afternoon Brett, Gaby & the 6 girls came back on their way home from Utah. We had a big BBQ with Shaleen & her family too. There was swimming, lots of food & a full house at bedtime. I think this was our fullest night with 21 of us in the house.
Tuesday morning 6 kids headed home with Brett & Gaby. We sent Kaylee's 2 boys & kept Hannah & Elise to help with the little kids.
Hannah & Elise were great help. We treated them to manicures & pedicures, jamba juice & another viewing of Eclipse to thank them for their help. They watched the kids while we did some house hunting for Kaylee.
Gavin & Cheryl flew up to Idaho on Friday evening. On Sunday Uncle Giles was finally able to fly in after a week of waiting for & recovering from Kidney stone surgery. The kids were very excited to see him & attacked him in the pool. The following Tuesday we sent off Kake & Giles & the last of their kids to California. And so ended our whirlwind of company.
It was a great run while it lasted!








2 comments:
Ja, so many people!!!!! I am glad that you have so many people surrounding you in NV!
I can't believe you guys had 21 people in your house one night!!!! Crazy! We had a great time. I meant to tell you, as soon as the plane took off from Vegas, Tennyson said in a sad voice, "I miss Jilly and Carter. I want to go back." Made me sad, but I assured him he'd get to see them again soon...as long as they don't fight so much at the end!
Post a Comment