CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The event

After some technical difficulties, I am back for the next installment.  So we were at the Old North Bridge, having a nice time.  Note the small boat house & dock behind the boys, it comes into play later.  Also make a mental note of Carter's clean white socks & legs.

 Everyone was happy throwing things into the river (the boys favorite past time).


 

More things go in.  They could have done this all day until...



We hear a hello from down river.  Jillian had made her way over to the dock & was claiming our attention so we could all see how cool she is:).  Well, as soon as the boys saw her they took off running to join her.  They decided there was no reason to stay on the marked path and therefore did not pass Christian who was giving out warnings not to get in the mud.  Having missed this vital, and apparently not obvious information, Carter climbed on the dock & took a big leap into the mud below. 

All I heard through the trees, as I followed the appropriate path, were frantic cries of "Help, I am stuck" repeated over and over in a very panicked voice. 


 

This was the next thing I saw when I made it to the boat house.  As Carter cried, he is very claustrophobic & had thought he was about to perish in quick sand, and Christian lectured on the stupidity of jumping into the mud, I documented what we knew would later be a very funny story. 

 
Go back to the first picture if you don't remember what color Carter's socks were pre-mud. 
 
This is how you look after you have had what you thought to be a near death experience & you have to endure a lecture form your Father. 



You might also look like this!
 

 
The next part of the time was spent looking for a hose to wash this guy off before he got back into any of Uncle Conan & Aunt Sierra's car's.  Apparently they don't like black stinky mud all over their car's, go figure. 
 
A hose was located in the garden but it wasn't attached to anything, that was a disappointment.  



The search continued, and we found one around the back of the house where Christian discreetly rinsed Carter off. 
 
 
As we walked back across the bridge, I got another picture of the boat house.  Can you tell where Carter was?  The trail of mud is a giveaway. 

 
Well, we made it back to the car & stripped Carter down only to have him exclaim "Where is my hat?"  He had it on in the first 2 pictures but you will notice not in any of the others.  Sierra & I voted to buy a new hat, as it was a rather long walk back to the bridge, & it was very hot & humid.  But Christian, feeling some remorse over having lectured Carter when he was in such a fragile state, assured Carter he would go back for it.  Carter was very grateful, he is pretty attached to his hats & wears them often.  Luckily, Daddy found his hat & Carter was able to laugh about his sad mud pictures later that evening, though he is still a little touchy about having the story told. 
 

1 comment:

Sierra Parke said...

Glad you documented that so well! Oh my that was hilarious! I wasn't sure Carter was going to make it out alive after that one...and I am not referring to being stuck in the mud..I am referring to CHP's lecture to Carter! ha ha That is one memory we will never forget:)