CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ice cream, Marionettes & birthdays

The Stewart's from Gardena came by to visit us and see our new house last week. The brought the kids many treats including ice cream with waffle cones. They were really yummy so the kids were lucky to get any:). They have enjoyed eating ice cream cones outside!

Jillian, Carter & I went to a marionette show at our little library. We saw the story of the frog prince. It was all done by one guy who makes all the marionettes himself. It takes a few months to make each one and about a year to make an entire show. The kids really enjoyed the show and especially the twist at the end when the frog became a Prince & the Princess became a frog. It was a good lesson on being nice and unselfish. I have assured the children that they too will become frogs if they are selfish and unkind:).

Saturday night we celebrated by birthday. Last Tuesday (the actual day) we went out to dinner at Claim Jumper and then yesterday I got to request my birthday dinner & dessert for McKel to make. She made ham, mashed potatoes, peas & cream gravy. Shoo did coleslaw & then McKel made Boston Cream pie for my dessert. Since McKel is a fabulous cook everything was delicious! The adults enjoyed the cake & the kids got ice cream. No use wasting delicious cake on them when they are fine with ice cream.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sierra Parke said...

Happy Birthday Jamie! I hope you got the card we sent you on time. That was so sweet of Kelsey to make you your birthday dinner. Yummy--Boston Cream Pie...we won't tell Conan about that part. That's his favorite!

Jamie Parke said...

I did get the card before my birthday. Thanks so much!!! It was nic of her and it was yummy!!!!

Maylene said...

Happy (be-lated) Birthday Jamie! I love Boston Cream pie but I've never attempted to make that before. That sounds super yummy :)