We spent the weekend in Mesquite at the Parke family reunion. That is Grandpa Parke's cousins and their families. Jillian met a lot of cousins (3rd cousins really) and had a wonderful time with them. We spent most of the days in the pool. They had a fun water slide that we took the kids on a 100 times at least. Jillian went by herself mostly but liked company sometimes too. Carter needed to ride with someone who could hold him up at the end so he didn't go under the water. They both loved the slide and went over & over again. Here is Grandma catching Jill and riding down with Jill. The kids also loved the big floaties Grandma brought for them. We took turns pushing them around the pool. Grandma is pushing Jillian with her cousin Jillian Jane. These two Jill's are 6 months apart and they loved each other. I called them salt & pepper Jillian's because they had the same hair cut & style just one light & one dark.
We have been doing lots of other fun things just not taking any pictures of them. We went to picnic & a movie at the library for FHE where we brought dinner, sat on the floor in the conference room and watched Desperaux (sp?) on a big screen. We have been to numerous story times, we have been to 2 free movies (Space chimps & Igor) that were both dumb but at least free and air conditioned. We've had friends over to swim in our pool and only had to save a few. Christian & I went to ward temple night while Aunt Kelsy watched the kids and then had a good family home evening about the temple after Jillian asked why we were going there. We have had Shaleen & kids over to swim many times & even got Nate over for a game & dinner.
Oh!!!! We also gave back the cat. Jill has been having some allergy symptoms since we got her and I discovered I am not a pet lover. I like them at other peoples homes but do not want throw-up, stinky kitty litter, and hair all over my house. Plus I was tired of tripping over her 10 times a day since she followed me around right at my heels all day. She was a really sweet cat but when you have kids the last thing you want is a needy animal. Many times I would have Carter on one side whining at me & the cat on the other side meowing and whining at me. No thanks!!!! Jillian has mentioned her a few times but really does not seem too heartbroken so I think we are good.
We also gave back Aunt Kelsy but we are sad about losing her. She has lived with us since we moved in here (2 months) and just went home yesterday. She finished her externship and went to California for a few weeks before she heads back to school. I don't know what I am going to do without all her help. Each Saturday she vacuumed the whole house and cleaned the downstairs bathroom plus she cooked dinner every Sat & Sun. We will sure miss our maid & chef but we will also miss her company!!! Thanks for being such a great house guest McKel, you are welcome anytime even if Carter says NAH!!!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Reunion 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Wow, it sounds like you guys have been quite busy. I love the pictures from the reunion. Sounds fun. Tennyson would have loved the slide. I still haven't made it to one of those reunions...maybe one day. I was surprised to see you returned the cat. I think you made the right decision. I'd stick to goldfish!
I love those floaties! Sounds like you guys had fun. I'm sorry we missed you guys! What luck the one weekend we go to Vegas and you guys leave town! :)
And I knew Kelsy didn't have a REAL externship... she went to be a summer nanny! :) We call dibs on her next summer!
We are sorry we missed you too Tracie!!! It would have been fun to see you.
Not just a summer Nanny, but a cook & maid too!! Maybe she will get an "externship" by you next time. Let me tell you it is nice!
Post a Comment