We had our Primary Program today. It went really well. It is such a relief to have it over. The kids were well behaved, did really great on their parts and sang very loud which is a must with only 24 kids.
Jillian invited her preschool teachers to come. Miss Tanya dropped off this beautiful bouquet for Jillian last night with a nice card saying how much she would love to come but she had a family commitment. Jillian loves her bouquet, it makes her feel so special. I told her Miss Tanya was wishing her good luck and she later came in to say that Carter had stolen her "Good luck bouquet".
Jillian was a narrator so she had six little parts. She was nervous at first but did a really good job. My favorite song was "A child's prayer." It has always been one of my favorite primary songs and I really liked the arrangement we did. The children stood and sang the first verse, then the teachers and presidency stood and sang the second verse, then we did it together. It was really neat having the adults answering back to the children. We passed out comment cards to the congregation with the program and asked them to write a message to the children about the program. We had such wonderful support. We read the messages to the children during sharing time and they loved hearing all the kind words and what a great job they did. They especially liked it when a few people told them they sing better than the adults.
Jillian invited her preschool teachers to come. Miss Tanya dropped off this beautiful bouquet for Jillian last night with a nice card saying how much she would love to come but she had a family commitment. Jillian loves her bouquet, it makes her feel so special. I told her Miss Tanya was wishing her good luck and she later came in to say that Carter had stolen her "Good luck bouquet".
Jillian was a narrator so she had six little parts. She was nervous at first but did a really good job. My favorite song was "A child's prayer." It has always been one of my favorite primary songs and I really liked the arrangement we did. The children stood and sang the first verse, then the teachers and presidency stood and sang the second verse, then we did it together. It was really neat having the adults answering back to the children. We passed out comment cards to the congregation with the program and asked them to write a message to the children about the program. We had such wonderful support. We read the messages to the children during sharing time and they loved hearing all the kind words and what a great job they did. They especially liked it when a few people told them they sing better than the adults.
Getting in a little lasoing before church. The cows aren't going to round up themselves.
This is our little primary with our pianist and chorister! They are good kids. Our chorister, Auntie Mo, made lais for all the children and teachers.




8 comments:
Love her flowers. Did you guys buy those for her?
I love the primary programs. The kids are all so cute. We just had ours too, consequently it was the morning after the ward Halloween party so I was impressed the kids sat mostly still through it.
Wow, your presidency is brave to do that Maylene. I would have pushed for a different date.
Darci, Jill's preschool teacher brought her the flowers the night before.
I love primary programs! I am so glad yours went well. It is such a treat to hear the primary sing!
You guys look cute!
You did a great job Jamie! It was a good program. Tell Carter I won't take "sorry I can't" as an answer for not coming to nursery this week! ha!
Thanks Tracie. We have already told him he is going to nursery next wekk no matter what. He has started some antibiotics so he should be doing better and Christian will drop him off which always works better too.
Wow, the primary has really grown since we used to live there. It sounds like everything went great.
Post a Comment