CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

St. George

Christian had to go out of town for work last week so my Mom & Dad came to stay with me. Yesterday we drove up to St. George to see my brother run across the finish line at the St. George marathon. Well, we were a little too late to see him but we saw lots of other people cross the finish line. As we were walking along the route, a giant pot hole swallowed up my Mom & she fell hard on her knee. She had quite a gash so after we spent some time eating the ice creams Chris got us we took her over to the urgent care in case she needed stitches. While she and my Dad were in there Shoo & I took the kids to get some lunch and brought it back to eat while we waited. Thank goodness it has cooled off over the last week. It was a beautiful day and the kids loved just playing in the trees and digging in the dirt for rolly pollies outside the urgent care.


After the Dr. told Grandma she was good to go & didn't need stitches, we headed to the Temple. Jillian was very excited to touch the temple. She was so reverent, folded her arms as soon as we were on the grounds & even had her own prayer. I wish I could say how reverent Carter was too but I personally don't consider throwing dirt clods all over the temple grounds to be very reverent. Since it was such a beautiful day we spent a long time sitting on the temple grounds while the kids enjoyed being outside.



After we left the temple, we went to Tuacon. It is an outside theater right outside of St. Grorge, set in the red hills. It is a beautiful area. Shaleen has been there to see 2 plays and loves it everytime. They are doing Tarzan next year so we will try to take the girls up to see that. I don't have any pictures of Tuacon because my camera was out of batteries but Shallen & my Mom do so maybe I will post some from them later.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sierra Parke said...

Love the pictures Jamie! It's a good idea you guys all got ice cream before taking your mom to the urgent care!!! I thought that was pretty funny when I read that part. Oh, and I can't get over how big Jilly looks. She is looking more and more like her beautiful mommy. Tennyson can't wait to play with his cousins in two more months!

Jamie Parke said...

It is important to know your priorities and with kids it is ice cream:). We are so excited for Christmas time. Do you know when you will be out yet?